Present: Father Tom Lamping, Maricelle Garcia (new member), Josie Hoizner, Joan Maxwell, Rosemarie Micklinghoff, Lorraine Morgan, Richard Morton, Phyllis Ramseth
1. Discussion of May activities (as set forth in Minutes)
2. Treasurer's report: $2,626.30 (no changes); deposit on June 8 of $604 from Memorial Day and poor boxes will increase balance to over $3,000.
3. Home visits: none. Josie took calls from 79-year old woman in (708) area code and referred her to other organizations in her —— neighborhood, which gave her assistance.
4. In preparation for approaching Holy Trinity celebration, Father Tom led discussion of how Holy Spirit affects our lives. Also he explained the church's evolution from narrow vision attitude of 60's to the more ecumenical current attitude.
5. Review activities engaged in by SVDP for benefit of new member.
6. No July meeting. Next meeting August 10th when we hope our president will return!
Present: Brian Dawidowicz, Josie Hoizner, Joan Maxwell, Ann McCormick, Rosemarie Micklinghoff, Lorraine Morgan, Phyllis Ramseth
1. Minutes: February minutes mailed out. Clarifications were made at the meeting.
2. Treasurer's Report: $1,470 in treasury per Treasurer Lorraine. We are waiting word on Children's Liturgy donations. The keys to the poor boxes at church are missing. Brian will change the locks and give new keys to Ann, who will be able to empty the boxes regularly. Next Mass collection is Holy Thursday.
-4. My Brother's Soup Kitenen^ We eofrfirmed that4he Athletic Board will —
sponsor the meal on the last Saturday in April. Nancy Baer is in charge.
4. Lenten Food Drive: Information has been placed in the Guide. Rosemarie and Phyllis will contact pantries at Transfiguration, St. Matthias and Our Lady of Mercy, and we'll donate to whichever pantry will take the food. We can deliver if necessary. Sorting day is April 2nd. All are asked to help.
5. Home visits: One call out of area was handled by Richard. A second call, also out of area, is being handled by Richard. Josie will assist with this tomorrow.
6. We are working with the Respect Life Committee on a drive for a teen parenting program (and also for an expectant mother who has chosen life). A representative from the teen program has spoken to the Respect Life Committee. We will assist as needed after Masses and in delivering the items.
7. Brian is moving to Philadelphia. We will miss him!
8. Next meeting: Thursday April 6th, This is one week early due to Holy Thursday.
Present: Ann McCormick, Rosemarie Micklinghoff, Lorraine Morgan, Phyllis Ramseth
1. Minutes: January minutes mailed out
2. Treasurer's Report: $2,720 in treasury per Treasurer Lorraine, with
outstanding checks leaving a total of $1470. Lorraine would like to find out if SVDP gets the Children's Liturgy donation, as was stated in the Guide.
3. My Brother's Soup Kitchen: The Athletic Board wants to sponsor the next meal, which is the last Saturday in April.
4. Lenten Food Drive: Rosemarie will check out local pantries for their need for a large donation of food and their ability to pick up the donation. Possible additions to our referral list include Transfiguration at Rockwell and Carmen. Information will go out in the Guide for the weekends of March 11,18 and 25.
5. Social service agencies: Richard has a list in process.
6. Home visits: One visit was handled by Fr. Tom, with Richard on phone support. One month rent was paid.
7. Three other projects were discussed:
a. supplying toiletries for a homeless shelter: This was done in the
school at the end of January. SVDP found a shelter in need, the
remainder was done by the school b. supplying baby clothes, diapers and toys for a teen parenting
program: The Respect Life Committee is interested in working with
us on this. This will be after the Food Drive, c. working with our sharing parish: Nothing set up yet
Present: Bryan Davidowicz, Josie Holzner, Fr. Tom, Fr. Jim, Joan Maxwell, Ann McCormick, Rosemarie Micklinghoff, Lorraine Morgan, Richard Morton, John Peters, Phyllis Ramseth
1. Minutes: December minutes mailed out
2. Treasurer's Report: $3305.47 in treasury per Treasurer Lorraine. We are supporting McDonald's certificates and bus coupons to keep in the church office.
3. My Brother's Soup Kitchen: 82 people were fed December 31st. There
were 26 volunteers. The Athletic Board wants to sponsor the next meal, *se»
- which is the last Saturday in April. Thanks to John Peters for coordinating this.
4. Lenten Food Drive: Rosemarie will check out local pantries for their need for a large donation of food and their ability to pick up the donation
5. Social service agencies: Richard has developed an extensive referral list. He will make copies for every member.
6. Home visits: There was one phone call out of our district that was referred. A request on Christmas Eve was handled by Fr. Jim. Richard will contact the person to set up a home visit to assess for other needs.
7. Three possibilities for other projects were discussed: supplying toiletries for a homeless shelter, supplying baby clothes, diapers and toys for a teen parenting program, and working with our sharing parish. The group decided to begin with a toiletries collection. Ann will see if the school will be willing to work with us. Also Ann will discuss a joint project for the teen parenting program with the Respect Life chair.
Present: Fr. Tom, Bryan Davidowicz, Josie Holzner, Joan Maxwell, Lorraine Morgan, Richard Morton, Phyllis Ramseth
Minutes of October, 2005 not reviewed.
Treasurer's Report: approximately $3,100 in bank, but a $350 check is outstanding for annual SVDP archdiocese dues; also, Ann will be issuing checks for Jewel certificates to go with food baskets 25 or more for at least $30 apiece. Joan has taken care of the publicity and we are relying on Ann to make arrangements for the distribution of baskets, collection/storing of food donations, and all other details she handles so expertly.
John Peters gave us a report and receipts covering My Brother's Kitchen Oct. 29 expenses, which amounted to $128, and we gave him a check. He also gave us the details of people and food served, etc.
Fr. Tom informed us that our new pastor, Fr. Jim, wants SVDP to keep a cash box with $100 or more in the office to give to people who come for help. Everyone agreed that it would be safer and better to give certificates to fast-food restaurants, or Jewel, or bus passes, if requested. Fr. Tom will run this idea by Fr. Jim for his reaction and report to us at Dec. meeting.
Richard received only one call this month and it was out of our district. No home visits made.
Bryan and Phyllis volunteered to send sympathy cards from SVDP when appropriate and thank you cards especially to Jim Beien for his three years of service as Treasurer. (For our records, please report at the December meeting anything I missed!)
Present: Fr.Tom, Bryan Dawidowicz, Josie Holzner, Joan Maxwell, Rosemary Micklinghoff, Lorraine Margan, Richard Morton, and Phyllis Ramseth
Minutes: Sept. minutes not available for review.
Treasurer's Report - After 3 years, Jim Beien has resigned his post due to other responsibilities. Lorranine Morgan and Joan Maxwell have volunteered to take over as of October 1, 2005. As far as they could determine, the bank balance is approximately $1,300, with Labor Day collection still to be deposited by Fr. Tom, as well as poor box funds.
Thanksgiving Food Drive: Ann McC is out of the country, not returning until Nov. 15, two days after the Nov. meeting. Prior to that, Joan will coordinate publicity in the Guide and school, and Ann will take care of further preparations upon her return.
Home visits: Richard & Ann a couple, who had both been temporarily out of work and asked for payment of a month's rent. Ann called the Landlady, who refused to accept any rent, said they were 3 months behind, and would speak to her lawyer. The couple said they were negotiating with the Landlady but were unsure if they would stay or move. Richard & Ann decided not to get involved.
Joan reported that she had spoken to Claudia Pieske, Exec. Director of SVDP, to clarify assistance guidelines. She said rent is not usually paid, but if it is, no more than $300 to $500, and a % of other bills. The visitors would refer the client to other agencies for additional help, and question their future ability to pay bills. Father Tom said in the past, SVDP never paid rent, and he suggested that we return to that procedure. The group agreed to this by vote.
Queens will be in charge of My Brother's Soup Kitchen on Oct. 29, and sometine in November we will reimburse John Peters for food purchased. Anyone should feel free to volunteer.
Richard Morton has some emergency telephone numbers for our group but says Ann is making a list for work and will provide us with a copy.
No donation will be made for Hurricane relief until our balance in the Treasury increases.
Present: Joan Maxwell, Ann McCormick, Rosemaire Micklinghoff, Loraine Morgan, Richard Morton, John Peters
Minutes: Not available from 6/05. No meeting 7/05.
Treasurer's Report: Not available. Next collection for SVDP is Labor Day.
My Brother's Soup Kitchen: 60 people were fed July 30th. Cost was $236.50. The next date is the last Saturday in July. The soup kitchen could use more volunteers. Thanks to John Peters for coordingation this.
Ravenswood Outreach Food Pantry will be closing. Rosmarie will keep us up to date. She suggests the soup kitchen on Sunnyside as the closest to our parish. Thanks to Rosemarie for continuing to her work with the food pantries.
Soup kitchen and pantry referral list. Thanks to Lorraine for updating the list now that Ravenswood is closing.
Food drive: Ann will be gone for October and November. Thanks to Joan for agreeing to coordinate the information for the Guide and the school.
Home visits: Richard made phone referrals. There were two home visits: one for rent for a school family and one for an air conditioner, food and blood pressure machine for a seriously ill person.
Phone referrals: Richard has become well acquainted with available social services and has been provinding counseling by phone for those clients who are not in our service area. He continues to look for new ways to provide assistance. If you have any sources of assistance, pass them on to him. All agree that this is an important service to the community. Thanks to Richard for this hard work.
Next meeting: Thursday September 8th. We will begin coordinating the Thanksgiving Food Drive at this meeting. If you can help, but can't come to me meeting, please let me know ASAP. I will be in Poland from 10/15.